Our COVID Response
UPDATE 3/3/21: Retina & Vitreous of Texas will be maintaining our mask requirement, despite the dissolving of the Texas mask mandate. We also are continuing to ask the visitors remain limited with our patients. We are complying with the CDC's recommendation to ensure that all patients and staff remain safe during this time.
The health and safety of our patients and employees is of utmost importance to each member of the Retina and Vitreous of Texas team. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and are following all recommendations from the CDC and Local Authorities to prevent and mitigate the spread of disease.
To best protect, our patients, their families, and our staff, we have implemented the following:
1. SANITIZING: We are sanitizing our exam rooms and high touch surfaces after every encounter and are working on ways to reduce the need to contact high touch surfaces (doorknobs, counters, etc). The common waiting areas are being disinfected throughout the day as well.
2. LIMITING GUESTS: We are restricting the number of guests accompanying patients to one. We also ask that your guest remain in their vehicle through the duration of your appointment. We will be happy to call them at the conclusion of your appointment so they can pick you up.
EXCEPTIONS: If you need assistance walking or are in a wheelchair your guest will be allowed to remain with you through the duration of your appointment. If you are a parent or guardian accompanying a minor with an appointment you will be allowed to remain with your child through the duration of your appointment.
3. FEVER SCREENING: If you, or any member of your household, or anyone you have been in close contact with, have a fever (100.4 F / 38 C or higher), feel feverish, have chills, a cough, or difficulty breathing your appointment should be rescheduled. Please call us in advance of your appointment if any of these conditions apply. (713) 799-9975
4. TRAVEL SCREENING: If you, or any member of your household, traveled from or through Novel Coronavirus affected regions in the past 14 days, your appointment should be rescheduled. Please call us in advance of your appointment if these travel conditions apply. (713) 799-9975
5. EXPOSURE SCREENING: If you, or any member of your household, had close contact with, or helped care for, anyone suspected or diagnosed as having Novel Coronavirus, or who is currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure to Novel Coronavirus, your appointment should be rescheduled. Please call us in advance of your appointment if any of these exposure conditions apply. (713) 799-9975
Thank you for your understanding as we try to continue to provide services to our patients who need care despite these difficult times.